Elise got braces today. She sat up in that chair when they were done putting them on and I was shocked at how much older they made her look! Here begins two years of appointments with the orthodontist, lots of money, and Elise hearing a thousand times that she had better do a good job brushing her teeth because they are costing us a pretty penny!
Elise was practically born sucking her thumb and it has been a hard habit to break. They are putting in a "reminder bar" to help her not suck her thumb while she sleeps. Anyways, she really does need the braces and I am glad she is able to get them over with while she is young.
I think I am having growing pains. I dropped Elise and a friend off at the Orland Pool today for 1 1/2 hours. I had a hard time just leaving her there. But, I know I need to give her a little freedom and she is with a great friend, several life guards, and a phone to call her mommy if she needs me. By the time Lindy is old enough I probably won't even hesitate to let her go. I guess I am a little protective. However, I am not ready to send the boys on their own. They still have to hang out with their mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment