Sunday, March 25, 2012

Update

I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging!  A few highlights from the past month:   

The kids had a week off in February.  I love our school schedule as we look forward to a week off in February and October in addition to Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring break.  My friend Stacey lives in Monterey and we can basically go stay whenever we want.  She is so good to us when we come.  This time I decided to take the kids whale watching.  I got sea sick...like hanging off the back of the boat sick. Not so fun!  The kids did great.  We did see several gray whales.  I was so happy that we at least saw whales making it worth it.  I was also glad Stacey was with the kids....they loved it!  This is also why there is a lack of pictures.  Whale watching was one of those items on my bucket list.  Didn't really go as planned but next time I go on a boat I know to take something for motion sickness. 




Lindy is in love with birds.  In fact, we are already planning a bird themed birthday party for her 6th birthday.  She was in heaven when we went to a farmers market and she was able to hold the birds!  This was probably the highlight of the trip for her!  


The end of February was the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner.  Every year the cubs do a cake auction as a fundraiser.  They have to help make the cakes with their Dad.  Jared and Cameron decided to do a white water rafting cake.  Turned out pretty cute and they had a great time doing it together!


Conner is moving a long in Boy Scouts and loving every minute of it!  We spent part of our Monterey trip looking for birds as he needs to identify about 30 of them for a merit badge.  He is getting ready to do 8 hours of service in the community for another merit badge.  

No comments: