I had the opportunity to lead the 4th level girls at young women's camp this year. We started with an adventure trip on June 15 - June 17th. We camped near the Trinity Lake. We took the girls hiking and then white water rafting on the Trinity River. We had 12 girls come on the adventure trip, 4 leaders and a youth leader. We had a fabulous time and the girls loved their adventure. We came home on Saturday, June 17th and then left for Young Women's Camp on Monday, June 19th! I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to be at camp with these fabulous young women! I was truly impressed with each of them. We had the opportunity to pick the theme for next years camp which truly ended up being a very special and spiritual experience for each of us involved. Some of the girls had not prayed and felt the influence of the Holy Ghost for some time. They were able to know that their prayers can be answered and that they can receive guidance. It was a ton of work
putting on the adventure trip then going to camp for the week but I would do it all over again as it was such a rewarding experience. I was extremely blessed to be asked to jump in as leader at the last minute. Great is our joy when we serve others and strive to do our best!
We brought our 3 rafts and Jared was a river guide
along with two other men. Our boys went up on the rafting trip
to provide kayak support. I loved having them there!
On our hike!
No comments:
Post a Comment