Monday, July 31, 2017

Until We Meet Again

My Aunt Debbie gracefully battled cancer for the past three years.  She had breast cancer which metastasized to her brain and liver.  She was truly a light and inspiration to all who came into contact with her.  She continually had faith in her Heavenly Father's plan for her and would never dwell on the seriousness of her situation. She would tell me she was going to receive a miracle but then stated that she already had as she was never sick during her radiation and chemotherapy treatments.  She was able to live and enjoy her life next to the ocean in what she referred to as her "happy place".  I will never forget her positive attitude, her enthusiasm and her words of wisdom as she would often say it could always be worse!  It was truly sad to say goodbye to my Aunt at the young age of 60!  I will think of her when I see the ocean, hear Elvis Presley, make her special donuts and when I need to be reminded to face life with courage.  I know where she is now and that I will see her again. Until then I will let her example make me a better person!


                                               My healthy Aunt at her daughter's wedding


                                              August 2016 at her 60th Birthday Celebration


                                               
                                                     The view from "Deb's Happy Place"






No comments: