Monday, March 2, 2009


"The only way to have a friend is to be one"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We had our 8 - 11 year old girls stake activity day on Saturday for Church. We had 50 girls in attendance. I chose friendship as the theme because I think this is something girls that age can really struggle with. We had six stations. I was in charge of one. I asked 5 other ladies from our stake to help with the others. I was so impressed with each of them and the effort they put forth for each station. I was also impressed with the girls...their knowledge, good behavior and smiling faces. I really enjoyed them. I guess because I did not grow up in the church it really still amazes me at the work and effort so many in our church make to serve others just because they know it is the right thing to do and because they realize the greatest joy comes from giving. I am thankful for them! I was glad to be a part of the day and hope the girls learned some valuable skills in friendship. My mom even came and helped with the craft...I had the girls make friendship mobiles.

No comments: