Saturday, June 6, 2009

End of School

We had a busy last few weeks of school. Elise was in a skit about recycling. She and a few students wrote the skit and Elise made some props. It was a lot of fun. She went on a field trip to the landfill and recycling center. Conner also read a book about our environment. Now I am having to change a few things as I am being told, "Mom, you can recycle that!"
Elise was also in a talent show on the last day of school. She performed Karate with another girl from her karate class. They did a great job. The 2nd graders had a pool party to celebrate the end of school and Cameron's class went bowling. They had such a great time.

All three of the kids had fantastic teachers this past school year. They all were great fits for my kids personalities. The kids were all sad to say goodbye to their teachers. Conner especially had a hard time. I asked them to write their teachers a little note. Conner was fighting back the tears as he wrote Mr. Muser. He told me, "I just wish I could be with him forever, but I guess I can't. Maybe someday I will be his doctor." To see Conner so sad made me tear up.
I get a little sad and sentimental at the end of each school year because another year is gone. I know that someday I will look back and these will be the days that hold my fondest memories. I look forward to having the kids home for the summer because I know I will turn around and they will be grown.

To celebrate the end of school I took Elise and one of her friends to a dinner and a movie. The next night the boys had two friends spend the night. They planned on sleeping outside, cooking hot dogs and roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. Who would have thought it would rain? We need the rain and we were still able to cook the hot dogs outside before it came down. Thankfully, Conner found a smore maker at a yard sale a couple of years ago for only $2.00. He bought it and at the time I thought it would be one of those things you use once and it takes up space in the garage. We have used it several times. I highly recommend the As Seen on TV Smore Maker : )

1 comment:

Tonya said...

My sister had Mr. Muser. I remember being so jealous