Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life is good

Life has been so crazy busy....good....but busy! The boys are playing soccer now. They had their first game last Saturday. They love it! I am so glad they are on the same team this year.

Elise has started playing the guitar in band. She is so excited. I really am too. I think I will learn it with her. I am going to buy some sort of book or DVD to teach us. Maybe I can even learn from you tube? She and I both already know how to read music so it should make it easier.

Elise has also started a club at school. It is the Gate School Improvement Club. They are working in the garden now which is full of weeds. That means Mom has been working in the garden pulling weeds and supervising kids. Elise is so excited about this club. Elise is a force....when she wants something she goes for it 110%! I think this is a Garrison trait : ) She now has her own cell phone as of last week. I was never going to get my child a cell phone at this age. Well, that changed. She stays after school for band and this club. I wanted to be able to reach her. She thinks she is so cool with her new phone. I will be glad when the new wears off...I am tired of the constant playing of all the different ring tones!

Conner is loving cub scouts still. He just earned his wolf badge and is moving up to a bear. He takes it very seriously! Cameron can't wait till he is eight and can start scouts in March.

My parents have been living with us for the last year and a half. They will be moving out in the next couple of weeks. I feel blessed that we were able to have them here because it has been an opportunity for my children to really know and spend time with their grandparents. The kids will miss them. I think it will be hardest on Lindy. She knows they are moving and has been to their new place. I am wondering if this is why she is having one fit after another or if she is trying to break me! That child has been a little difficult for me these past couple of weeks. Maybe it is the stress of her "Papa" moving?

Anyways, the kids are excited as we will now have a bedroom and bathroom free. So, we are getting ready to move the kids around and redo the bedrooms. This means lots of projects for mom! It will be nice because it will split the kids up some and I am putting desks in their rooms for homework.

Life is so exciting. I have decided I need to get to bed earlier. Running from school, gym in the morning, soccer practice/games, piano, band, clubs, scouts, girls activity days, homework etc. is exhausting! With all that said I am SO EXCITED to be going out of town this weekend with my girl friends. We are going to Ashland. I think it will be a nice little break before the kids start their week off of school for fall break!

1 comment:

stacy said...

Wow how do you do everything that you do and still have such a positive attitude? Seriously, you guys are amazing. Have your parents moved yet? Where? Do you need help moving them? I can see how that would be hard for Lindy because they have such a part of her life so much and she's so young.