Thursday, February 18, 2010

Enjoying Our Week Off

The kids have had this week off from school.  We have really enjoyed our time together.  We have stayed up late and loved our lazy mornings.  One day we went to Bidwell Mansion in Chico.  For those who are not locals, Bidwell Mansion is  a 26 room victorian house.  It was built in 1865 and is now a museum.  We brought my dad who has lived in Chico for 35 years and never been.  The kids and my Dad loved seeing the house and all of its history.  I really enjoyed it, too!  I was probably 9 years old the last time I visited the Mansion.
Today I took the kids hiking in Bidwell Park.  It was such a beautiful day...I felt like it was spring break.  We had a picnic at the park and so enjoyed being outside.  We all enjoyed getting out...even our dog Woofy.  It has been a wonderful week.  My only complaint is it has gone too fast!  Conner has been thrilled because with our adventures we have been able to sign off several items in his scout book.  The boys and Elise are happy to end their week with slumber parties tomorrow night.  It just happened they were all invited to sleepovers on the same night.  My parents are going to keep Lindy for the night.  Jared and I are looking forward to a quiet evening together.
The kids wearing the tye dye shirts they made yesterday.

What a beautiful view from the top!




As we were leaving to go home we saw all these deer!  They were just hanging out near the road with the golfers going by behind them.  I think there were 6 of them...so fun.

No comments: