Friday, February 5, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Wednesday night was the pinewood derby for the cub scouts.  Conner and Jared spent a great deal of time getting the car ready.  Conner's car came in first place!  The boy was so darn excited.  I felt bad because I was unable to be there.  I had a meeting that I felt I needed to attend.  Jared sent me a text saying, "Conner Won."  I thought darn I wish I could have been there for that!  After the derby Conner told me every detail of the big win.  He also told me of a boy wearing an orange sweatshirt that was there with his dad.  This is a boy that he did not know.  He said that the boy seemed to have some emotional problems.  Conner felt really bad for the boy because he had to leave early as he was so dissapointed that he did not win.  Conner said, "I wanted to tell him he did a good job but he was already gone."  The next morning I asked Conner if he was ok that I was not at the derby.  He told me that he understood.  He said, "I just can't stop thinking about that boy in the orange sweatshirt.  I just hope he feels ok." I guess I am bragging here about my boy but it just made my day that he was still thinking about someone else.  I told him that was way more important to me than the win.  I guess he does hear his old parents from time to time.  

1 comment:

Kara said...

What a sweet boy. That is really kind of him to be so worried about that little boy.