Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This past weekend was the Stake Girls Activity Day at church.  This is an activity that I and a few other ladies are over.  We plan for 70 girls for 6 classes then we feed them lunch.  The theme for the day was "Reach for the Stars".  It was focused on goal setting and reminding the girls that it is important to start setting goals now for the future.  It ended up being a fantastic day!  I asked six different teachers to teach the classes.  They all happily came prepared to teach the girls just out of the kindness of their hearts.  The girls enjoyed all the classes.  One of the favorites was an astronomy class where the room was dark and constellations were projected onto a screen.  This class was just for fun and the girls loved it. Another much talked about class was where the teacher had the room dark except for some white christmas light and glow in the dark stars.  The girls would pick a star with a goal written on it and then talk about how they could reach these goals.  I am happy I was able to be a part of this day with great leaders and so many fantastic and well behaved girls.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

reaching for the stars. What a cute idea.