Sunday, September 12, 2010

Conner is 10!

We had a busy fun filled weekend.  Conner turned 10 today!  We had a party on Friday night with 9 boys for a sleepover.  They watched a movie outside with the projector and then slept out in the tent.  Those boys probably did not fall asleep until 1 am!  They were all up and I was flipping pancakes by 6:15.  We had a great group of boys and Conner was so happy. 
Saturday night Jared and I went to the Splendor in the Valley.  It is an annual fundraiser for the hospital.  We had a nice time visiting with our friends.  Every year there is a live auction and a silent auction.  This year they auctioned off some cakes for part of the live auction.  My good friend bid on a cake and gave it to us for Conner's birthday.  We got a call toward the end of the evening that Conner was sick with a fever.  Felt so bad that the poor kid would be sick on his birthday.  It was great to be able to bring the cake home to him.  I told him to enjoy because this would probably be the last time he has a $250. birthday cake.
My parents came over tonight for a family dinner to celebrate Conner's birthday.  Thankfully, he is feeling better tonight and was able to enjoy that cake!  I so love that boy and his great sense of humor...he is always making us smile!
Conner ended up with a load of cash for his b-day!
The "Starry Night" cake.
Jared and I on our way to the
Splendor in the Valley

No comments: