Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

We didn't have the best start to our Thanksgiving week.  The kids had the week off but Cameron got very sick.  He ended up having a strange infectious disease that I had never even heard of before.  It started with a fever of 104 and bloody diarrhea which kind of freaked me out.  This is when having Dad as a doctor is really a nice perk!  We got lab work done and his blood counts were so off (high or low I don't know) that Jared thought about putting Cameron in the hospital.  He said if it was one of his patients he would have but since he was going home with us it would be ok.  Poor kid was so sick.  We were very blessed that he only was sick for a couple of days with something that can last about 7 days.  Also, noone else in the house got it!  I was scheduled to make 40 apple pies at my house with the young women from church for a fundraiser.  I felt really bad having to cancel that but didn't want to chance getting everyone sick.  We got the clear from the health department and were able to have my family for Thanksgiving.  It looks like Cameron is doing great and not having any lasting effects from his illness...an answer to prayers.
We ended up having a great Thanksgiving with my parents and brother's family.  The kids enjoyed playing together and we enjoyed all that yummy food.  Conner and Cameron were invited to ride go carts at one of our friends houses on Thanksgiving day.  They were thrilled!  On Thanksgiving night, Jared and I took all the kids to see Harry Potter.  We really enjoyed that!  It was a fun end to a week that had been a little stressful in the beginning.
                                                                          The Cousins


No comments: