Monday, February 28, 2011

Our New Friend

Cameron's birthday is not for a couple of weeks but he has been talking about it for a couple of months.  He decided that he wanted one Wii game and a new pet.  I took him to the pet store and we looked at all the options.  Cameron wanted anything from a bird to a scorpion.  He told me to pick which one I thought was best and surprise him.  Jared and I were out of town this past weekend and stopped at a pet shop to look around.  We had different ideas on what would make a good pet.  It ended up being a wonderful pet shop and we bought a cockatiel.  Jared didn't really want a bird but it seemed like the best option.  Cameron was very surprised and happy with the choice we made.  He named the bird Scout!  The bird is great and is very easy to handle.  I had to laugh because Jared was turning the lights off downstairs to go to bed and he went to tell the bird goodnight and welcome to the family.  I think Scout is now his friend. We are all excited about the new addition to our family! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can see the excitement on his face! How sweet! I had a cockatial when I was young and he was a great pet! You guys will enjoy him!!