Monday, March 7, 2011

RIP Scout

I feel so bad because Cameron's new bird died.  I have been a little worried about the bird the past couple of days because from time to time he would sit at the bottom of his cage.  I had read that this can mean there is a problom with the bird but was not too worried because other times he would be sitting on his perch.  With cockatiels their feathers should lay flat in the back.  He had one little section that the feathers did not lay flat.  I wondered about it but it is also where the bird would tuck his beak when he would sleep. 
Anyways, I mentioned to Jared last night that I hoped the bird was ok.  We both agreed that it really seemed fine because it had so much energy.  I was laying in bed this morning awake just before my alarm was to go off and I thought I hope that bird is not dead in the bottom of his cage!  I went downstairs and first thing I checked on that bird.  Sure enough he was dead!  Cameron cried.  I really don't think we did anything wrong. I think he was just sick when we got him. 
Cameron put on a rubber glove and put that little bird in a box.  We are having his burial after school today.  We had the whole talk about the spirit leaving the body and now all that was left behind was the body.  I assured Cameron that his bird was happy and flying high.  It is terrible because I was thinking there went $139.00!  I called Jared and he said he wanted to get Cameron another bird.  I better sanatize the cage and read up on this a little more.  So much for the great pet store we went to in the Sacramento area.  Petco here we come! 

No comments: