Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cameron is 9!


Cameron turned 9 on Monday!  We celebrated with his favorite dinner...Ribs with homemade BBQ sauce.  He also insisted upon having mashed potatoes.  Our mashed potatoes really are not potatoes they are cauliflower mashed up with a touch of butter and milk.  Yummy!  We had my parents over to celebrate and we made Cameron's favorite chocolate cake.  The pet shop agreed to replace our bird so we have bird #2 now. Cameron named this one "Peeps".   I was a little worried the first day we got him because he was not at all friendly.  The bird went crazy and made Jared bleed he pecked him so darn hard.  I thought great this bird will live 30 years and we will hate it.  But, it has already calmed way down and we are able to handle it.  With a little work I think the bird will be a great pet!  Cameron has been getting the bird out of the cage everyday.  Cameron loves to garden so we got him the "As seen on TV Topsy Turvy" for growing tomatoes.  The kid was so excited about it and I can't wait to see how it works.  He had a great birthday and I think he felt very special.  Jared is going to take Conner, Cameron and a couple of friends fishing and shotting BB guns soon.  This is what Cameron wanted to do instead of having a party.  I think I got a good deal with this one!  I sure love my little guy and enjoy spending time with him!

No comments: