The kids stated school today. In Orland the schools are divided up into K-2 at one site and 3rd-5th at another. So, now Conner and Elise are at Fairview and Cameron at Mill Street. I really think it would be so much easier if it were combined! Anyways, Conner was excited to move up. He was thrilled to start 3rd grade and had a fantastic day. Elise was also thrilled to be the BIG 5th grader on campus. It really is amazing how much bigger those 5th graders do look standing next to the little 3rd graders. Cameron had a fantastic day and was just excited to be back with his friends. The house was so darn quite! Honestly, I could have burst out in tears watching my 5th grader. Darn they grown so fast. Next week Lindy starts preschool 3 mornings a week and boy the house will really be quite! Truly, I am so grateful for my children. They bring so much joy in my life. I am proud of them and enjoy them so much.....sometimes more than others : ) I really hope this is a terrific school year for them all. Now I am just getting ready for the many parent club and site council meetings. I am glad to help but did enjoy a break from it all this summer!
1 comment:
School starting will be a little bittersweet for me as well. It's hard to see them grow up SO fast. Time just flies. I understand that so much more, the older my kids get! When they were little the days seemed to last forever sometimes!! Now weeks whiz by in an instant. sigh...
Our kids start on the 24th. I will have a 7th grader!!!!! Talk about feeling old.......
Post a Comment