Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter.  I didn't take very many pictures but it was a wonderful time.  Saturday night we dyed eggs with the kids and then did a Easter lesson.  We had 12 plastic eggs that had a different object in them that represented the story of Chirst's crucifixion and resurrection with a coinciding scripture.  We love to do all the eggs, bunnies and baskets but don't want to lose sight of the real and most important reason we celebrate this holiday.  Jared's family came over for Easter dinner and as always we enjoyed them.
We were so excited to have Jared off for the first three days of spring break.  The kids all got fishing poles with their Easter baskets.  They went fishing with Jared several times.  Yesterday we took the kids up to Burney Falls.  Wow, I had never been there....what a beautiful place.  We are glad we went.  On the drive there was an area that still had snow.  So, on the way home we stopped and let the kids play.  We were sad to see Jared have to go back to work today but someone has to do it! 






2 comments:

Tonya said...

I love Burney falls. Haven't been there in years though. Sounds like you had a good time!

Natalie said...

Cheri! Your kids have grown so much since you guys moved! I hope you don't mind.. I found your blog through Karen Miller. I don't know if you remember me, but i used to babysit your kids when i was like 14 or something.. (back when there were only 3 of them!) You guys look like you have so much fun. where are you living these days? email me if you have a sec.. i'd love to hear how you're doing! (nfoell18@gmail.com)