Saturday, April 10, 2010

Projects

We have been doing a lot of remodeling at the house.  I am excited to see so much progress but think I might need a break from all the chaos associated with it.  In all the rooms we are scraping off the popcorn ceiling (and yes we had it tested for asbestos and we are in the clear) and retexturing.  So glad to say goodbye to the popcorn.  We still have several rooms in the house to do.  I try to take before and after pictures of all our projects.  It is so easy for me to just notice what is left to do instead of looking at all that we have already done.  The pictures help remind me!

Boys room:  After
It was green with green carpet

Elise's New Room:  Before
This was the boys room with an Ocean theme

Elise's Room:  After

This bed frame was in my brother's room when he was young it
was red, white and blue.  When I was in junior high it became my bed.
I remember spray painting it white in my backyard one summer and my
talented Aunt painted pink flowers on it.

Now, it is in Elise's room.  I think it looks good black.

Yesterday, we had 4 new windows put in at the house.  I love it!
We now only have one window and 2 slider doors left to replace.
We are getting closer!

Don't they look nice!  We now have screens on the windows
so we can actually open them.

2 comments:

West Family said...

It all looks so good! Good for you!! I love love love Elise's room! Fun! You have great taste! Cute!

jenjamin said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on our blog. I'd be happy to include you on my invite if you want to send me your email address.
Jennijhurst@hotmail.com

super cute family btw!!!!