![]() |
| Jared with his nephew Travis and our friend Donalea |
![]() |
| I had to put this pic on even though I cut his head off...love the big smile! |
Last summer we went white water rafting for the first time. We have a friend who has been guiding for a long time and he took us. Jared LOVED it and decided he wanted to learn to guide. When Jared decides to do something he goes 100%. He bought a boat, oars and life jackets. He is going to guide school for 5 days in May and will take a swift water rescue coarse in June. He wants to get certified so he can be as safe as possible and also be able to take the boy scouts out on the river. I enjoy rafting too but not at the same level. I have only gone 3 times now and still get a little nervous. I am hoping that changes the more we go. Our kids are excited about it and I think it will be something we do often as a family. We have plans to go rafting and camping this summer several times.
We went rafting this past weekend on the upper Sacramento River. There were 16 of us on two boats. We had a great time and Jared did a great job guiding our boat. It was nice to get away and so beautiful!



3 comments:
So jealous! I think 100% commitment to whatever you do must be a Garrison trait. I'll bet your boys can't think of a better hobby for their dad to have.
Shelton talked to Mark about maybe coming out there to rotate with he and Jared sometime next spring for a few weeks. Hopefully it works out and we can hang out! :)
That looks like so much fun! One of these summers we will have to come for a guided trip!!!
I LOVE the pictures!! And I agree, 100%.
Post a Comment