Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Six Flags

Yesterday I took the kids to Six Flags for the last of the summer fun as they start school tomorrow.  This will be the third year we have gone down with our friends the Favers.  This time we also had another friend meet us.  We had a great time. It is fun to watch the kids as now they are excited to ride the big rides.  Lindy would have gone on every ride with them if she was tall enough.  This year the park was way busier than the other years and it was warm and sunny.  We all got a sunburn and Cameron got lost.  I have never lost a kid before.  We stopped to get a drink refill and Cameron just kept walking as he did not see us stop.  He was probably lost for a total of 15 minutes.  I knew he would probably be fine but I also knew he was scared.  I looked for him for a few then went to the front gate to get some help.  They sent me to customer relations and there was Cameron sitting down with another kid watching a movie.  Kind of funny as I got Cameron a cell phone was ringing in a box.  The lady working asked me if I lost my cell phone too.  The cell phone belonged to the mother of the other lost child.  They were trying to call her and her phone was ringing in lost and found!  Anyways, Cameron did the right thing and told a park employee that he was lost.  I guess I don't win the mother of the year award again with all the sunburns (I did buy sunblock by the way) and  a lost child! 

No comments: